Monday, July 24, 2006

Closing Doors

This morning I sent my Two Weeks Notice mail to Mr. Archibald thanking him for a swell time up on the 42nd Floor these past two years.

Oooh. Notice all the twos. Two weeks notice...two years...42...I also have two eyes, two ears, two cats--wait...I don't have two cats. I have one cat. I guess Nelson could be made into two cats but I don't own a saw.


And for my next trick...


Has anyone else noticed that, no matter how many carrots you eat, they never fill you up? In fact, I feel hungrier after having eaten twenty baby carrots than I did before!

Oh yeah. Midsummer closed on Saturday. Not that I care. It doesn't matter to me. Not once has it even occurred to me that the show is really over. I haven't thought about it at all because it's not important in the long run. So I try not to think about it and, really, I don't think about it which is a very healthy way to deal with something that is, ultimately, not that important. Not important at all. To me, anyway.

It was an intense little journey. A wild ride. I'll never forget it. Rest in peace, Midsummer Night's Dream: the Musical!

5 comments:

The Cliff said...

If you're leaving the 42 floor are we giong to have to find a new name for your blog??

The Cliff said...

cause that would throw off all my bookmarks and i don't know if I can handle that

Fork said...

Never fear. Even though I'm leaving, the 42nd Floor will continue to chronicle the nutty things that happen when the dramatic arts and corporate 9-5 collide.

Queen, III said...

Carrots do the same thing to me, too!!! I'm glad you're dealing with the departure of Midsummer in such a healthy way. so. very. healthy.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Nelson's fat.