Wednesday, September 21, 2005

One of those mornings...

So I wake up this morning after a fitful night's sleep (I went to the dermatologist yesterday and had a cyst removed from my back. Got stitches and everything! It was rather difficult to get comfortable...lots of tossing and turning). I brush my teeth, shave, do the whole hair-flattening thing, then walk into my living room to give Nelson his good-morning pat on the head.

Then I notice one of my pillows--one of the two pillows from my bed--is sitting in my living room armchair. And I have no earthly idea how it got there! A number of theories came to mind:

1. Aliens did it. This seems to be the most logical explanation as aliens are outfitted with mind-erasing technology. My bedsheets were also covered in blood! Well, a few drops anyway. Did the aliens re-open my wound and implant some sort of tracking device? If so, why would they move my pillow?

2. People did it. But if people broke into my apartment and moved my pillow, why didn't they also take my kidneys? Perhaps they saw the stitches on my back and thought someone else had beat them to the mother-lode? But kidney-harvesters are highly-educated medical students and would know that nobody has kidneys halfway up the middle of their back. They must've been harvesting human spinal cords. But why?

3. Ghosts did it. If I don't remember having moved my pillow then that must be because I didn't move my pillow. Ghosts did! But everyone knows that cats are sensitive to things of the netherworld...if ghosts came a-haunting last night, why didn't Nelson raise a ruckus?

Who did it???

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

just a thought...maybe Nelson's an alien...

Anonymous said...

Maybe YOU did it. Maybe your fitful night's sleep culminated in a little somnambulism.

Either that, or Nelson's an alien. I wouldn't have a hard time believing that...

Fork said...

Maybe a ghost alien?

Anonymous said...

I've only met Nelson one time and it wasn't for long, and it seemed to me that something was strange about him. It could be that he is an alien, but it could also be that he is possessed by Patrick Swayze's ghost...because in all my research i have found that the ghost of Patrick Swayze learned how to move things one time in a subway station...then again it is just a theory. I'd call Whoopie and ask her....oh, hey, did you know I got a motorcycle?

Anonymous said...

no. not a ghost alien. there's no such thing. just an alien.

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... »

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! auto insurance quote Nosebleeds and high blood pressure Audi tt alloy wheel Web roulette rule Map travel on computer No download craps online Health insurance plan of new york 20 Zoloft cold turkey