Friday, August 08, 2008

Farewell!

My roommate of two years has moved out. He left at 2am to catch his plane. I didn't even get to say goodbye.


Oh me. *sniff* I think I have something in my eye.




No, really. I think I have something in my eye.


The apartment sure is a different place now that he's gone. It's as if he was never here. Not even a trace of him...



...remains...aw MAN!




Wait--the door is locked. That means he took his keys. Those were the third pair of keys I made for him. He kept losing/giving away the spares.



And these are all his things! Since he waited until the day before he moved to start packing, all his stuff is still here!








That begnet mix expired in August of 2007!




I'm thinking he wanted me to have one last opportunity to take out his garbage.




This loveseat/fold out bed used to be white.








These are bags of clothes he didn't want anymore. Well, on the bright side, at least the bums who pass by our apartment tonight will have an awesome selection of pinstripe suits to choose from!



I don't know WHY he left this. I don't know why he BOUGHT this. He cooked with it two times and both times the apartment stunk for days. He didn't seem to mind. He just lit more incense.




After taking stock of all the crap he dumped on me to get rid of because he was too lazy to do it himself, this message feels less like a genuine expression of gratitude and more like...




Thank you!!!

4 comments:

Bibb Leo File said...

I think there's something marginally sacrilegious about your flipping the bird with Jesus looking forlornly on from the background.

Repent, ye sinner, for the kingdom is at hand.

Fork said...

He's peering out of a toaster.

Bibb Leo File said...

Exactly.

He has descended into the incendiary spring-coil "hell" where you prance about making your impish gestures in an effort to save your "toasted" soul.

It's the fabled "Harrowing of the Toaster."

Fork said...

No! It's not like that! It's the Father, Son, and Holy Toast!