Friday, May 23, 2008

SC Update

We all got to know Jeffery (aka "Buddy"), Eric, and Little Sarah *very* well by the end of the trip. It seems that this family wasn't on vacation in New York after all--they were headed to South Carolina. And this was the kiddos' first plane trip.

I'm sitting in my Mom's office. She's in a meeting now. I paused for a moment and thought of her being here conducting an important meeting...and me walking around New York. It's a funny thing, thinking about that. Like, as I'm walking through Crimes Square, I sometimes think, "Gee, I wonder what my parents are doing in their little places hundreds of miles away." Well, now I know.

My interview is in an hour and a half. I'm starting to wish I'd cut my hair. I know I'm not qualified for this position and I may not take it anyway, but at least I could look a little less like a long-haired New Yorker in a snazzy but difficult-to-pull-off vest and blue suede loafers from Banana Republic.

1 comment:

Bibb Leo File said...

When you go in for your interview, just tell your interviewer that he can do anything, but lay off of your blue suede shoes.

That should break the ice. And if the person you'll be working for doesn't find that kind of thing funny, then you don't want the job. See, it serves as an ice-breaker and a Litmus test.