Thursday, May 15, 2008

Fun Conversations

So yesterday's conversation at work was all about how it's okay to b!tch slap yo' hoes.

At one point the conversation got so offensive I found myself completely involuntarily out of my chair and reaching for the doorknob of the room. It was incredible.

I'm really different from these guys.

In fact, I'm about to throw down. Look, forks, I don't normally freak out when I see black people. But after spending a week with THESE guys, I DO!!

There was a gangsta and his ho using the turnstile ahead of me and taking their SWEET time. I suddenly noticed that, once they saw me, they got even SLOWER. Normally I'd raise my eyebrows and tap my foot. Maybe even sigh audibly.

Not anymore! I didn't want someone to bus' a cap in my ass.

I actually CAN'T believe it!

GET THIS! I accidentally bumped against a black woman yesterday in Crimes Square and for about half a second, I went immediately into fight or flight mode.

I'm floored. I don't react like that. People are people. Sure, they're raised in different places with different people, and many of them have been through a whole lot of bad stuff.

But while NORMAL people would try to rise above the abuse or trauma, the guys I'm working with are totally warped. They think Grand Theft Auto is real. They think it's cool to spend time in jail. They think it's your DESTINY to get into a street fight or have to b!itch slap your girlfriend if they disrespek you.

I want to go in to work tonight and let them have it. Really.

Most of them are in their early twenties. Like 23. And they talk like they know everything and have been everywhere. And it's funny. Because when I was 23 I talked like I knew everything. But I didn't. And now I'm 28 and I still don't know everything, but I sure as hell know that I REALLY didn't know anything when I was 23.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just play "Gangsta's Paradise" for them on the uke. That should work!!!!

Bibb Leo File said...

Is it still OK to ho-slap your b!tches, or have we converted wholesale over to b!tchslapping our hos? Hoes? Hose?

Sure, you could let them have it. Just be sure you're wearing some Kevlar underneath your shirt. Remember that in others' eyes, you are, after all, the Man, aka Whitey.