Friday, May 09, 2008

Forkulele Friday: Gangsta's Paradise

You asked for it, you got it. Coolio's poetic tribute to the plight of the urban black man--au ukulele. May it never be said I don't give my homies what they want.

This one was quite a challenge. It took three days of work to get to the final recording. The first day was spent just learning to say all those words. Yo.

As the original song was created on a mixer, I felt like it would be okay to simply record about ten passes on the four chord progression, then copying and pasting for the rest of the song. Don't hold it against me. I'm not planning on playing this live. Ever. I don't have health insurance. Or a bullet-proof vest.

Still, who can really hate a Robert Preston-esque spin on this classic? Trouble in River City, indeed.

Happy Friday, my crackaz!



Click here to go there!

5 comments:

Bibb Leo File said...

Move over, Weird Al Yankovic. Forkulele's uke tribute totally trumped your lame "Amish Paradise" for all time.

But maybe now we can hear a little "Shanty"? PLEEEEAASSSEE! I know you have the music; you told me so yourself!

C'mon, let us have a little Christmas in July this year!

Becky, Phil and Hayden said...

Thank you Harold Hill, that brings a smile to my little white face! Now, I expect your next recording to be one of MY suggestions!!

Fork said...

"Shanty" will come when the time is right. Worry not.

Bibb Leo File said...

Whee! "Shanty" will come! I shall keep a weather eye on the ukulele horizon!

Anonymous said...

I couldn't stop laughing...
That was STINKIN' hilarious!!!