Friday, May 23, 2008

Forkulele Friday: Headin' to SC

No song today. Instead, I'm hanging out in an airplane. I'm on my way to making a life-changing decision.


Many of my fellow passengers look as though they've missed all that Carolina bacon and sugar. Our plane is small. They are not.


There's a family of five--three little little noisy children all the same age. Good grief. How did my parents do it? I wonder what possessed them to go on a family vacation to New York.


In the waiting area, one kid asked mommy, "Where's daaaaddy. Where's daaaddy. Where's daaaddy."

"He's probably off goofing-off somewhere. That's what he usually does."

There's drama there...


I called Mentor Moggles, my former acting professor, about this trip. She said something interesting. Instead of encouraging me to pray about *what* I should do, she said, to pray and ask *why* I'm being given this unique opportunity.

At this point, sitting here, right now, in seat 12C, I'm thinking it may have something to do with deciding what it is I *really* want to do. What's *really* important.

My brain has been going like crazy the past few days.

I wish I could've had one more year in the City before having to do this. I somehow feel as though it would be easier to decide if I had a full three years under my belt.

Okay. Time to turn off any portable electronic devices such as cell phones, PDAs, laptops, and Game Boys.

Does anyone still play a Game Boy?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope your decision is made clear when you get there!