Friday, April 20, 2007

Up and Running

After a number of delays, mostly due to much-needed naps after a long day of "temp work", the Theology Arcade is finally up and running. And not a moment too soon. This weekend is going to be nuts.

First of all, I'm WAY behind on my Bible studies. AND, now that I'm managing two blogs, I've got a lot of work to do. I haven't even touched my ukulele. Well--I DID, but I snapped one of the strings in my feeble attempts to tune the dang instrument. Fortunately, nobody saw me do it and I just knotted up the broken end and re-attached it.

Tomorrow I have big plans. Apparently, the best BBQ joint in the city of New York is a mere TWO blocks away from my apartment. I intend to visit there tomorrow for lunch or dinner. Expect a review.

Then on Sunday, I'm ditching the Episcopalians in favor of making some quick cash at Nofriendo World. Yes, the Pokermon are returning to the United States and they need people to work the event. They're renting out ALL of Rocketfella Center to put this shindig on. Should be hellish. I can't wait.

In other news, rehearsals are still stupid.

Me: He guys! For the run through tonight, I brought some healthy cookies and even some dried fruit so we can practice eating actual food for the scenes where we have to munch on stuff.

Lucy Goosey: Oh great! Thanks, Fork!

Director: Okay, let's run the scene where you get really angry, Lucy.

Lucy: Okay!

Actor Will: Where is't the fair Princess Yasriel?

Lucy: Shut thine mouth! (Lucy Goosey pelts Actor Will with ALL the cookies).


Okay. I'm done.

2 comments:

FancyPants said...

Would that BBQ joint be Virgil's, by chance?

Yum yum yum.

Fork said...

Tut tut. None other than Daisy Mae's.

Lunch can't come soon enough.