Saturday, April 14, 2007

Nor'easterner

I've never written that word before now. Nor'easterner. As my fingers glide across my ergonomic keyboard, now somewhat grimy with age, use, and love, they stumble over each other trying to click out that word.

Nor'easterner.

There, that time wasn't so bad.

Yes, folks, the City that never sleeps is in for it tomorrow. 100% chance of rain with flooding and wind gusts up to 50 miles per hour. It's time to stay inside.

And that's okay. After all, I have plenty to do in my $2000 a month apartment. I have a Bible study I can do instead of going to church, for example. Then there's the new blog I'm busily working on so's I can have something impressive to show youse guys. And, of course, there are always crunches.

Or, perhaps, the most wonderful thing of all...

I could begin learning how to play the ukulele.

That's right, 42nd Floorers. I bought the cheapest ukulele in the city of New York and will soon be twanging away on the instrument many call "not as difficult as the guitar".

So bring on the rain! I've got my uke to keep me warm!

3 comments:

AmberO at Sleeping is for Sissies said...

I have always dreamed of learning to play the ukelele. I'm not kidding--it's such a fun instrument! Of course, you'll have to learn "Tiptoe through the Tulips!"

Anonymous said...

Not "Nor'easerner", "Nor'easter"!!! Get with it Tex! You're never going to become a yankee like this. Anyway, did you get flooded out or did you start on your ark???? I understand ukeleeles make great paddles.

Fork said...

Ukuleles are stupid. You have to tune the freakin' things! I can't tune things!

Nor'easter sounds like something else. Like, "It's not Christmas, nor Thanksgiving, nor Easter."