Monday, April 16, 2007

Nor'easter Bunny

The City survived the Nor'easter, but only just. Last night was the first time I've heard thunder since moving here. And I heard it twice! Normally, you can tell it's raining outside by the sound of plink, plink, plink in the alley outside my bedroom window. The elements don't really make it back there. Only a few drops seem to get in.

Not last night. It sounded like Niagra Falls out there. I wasn't too worried about flooding. Our building is on a slight hill so for my darling New York to pull a New Orleans, the Hudson would have to rise about eleventy feet before flooding the subways, our basement, the underground village of the mole people, and then crawling up our front stoop. But first it'd have to buzz to be let in.

It's still raining out there, but more like a frigid drizzle. It was this very frigid drizzle that made me opt NOT to do any cardio today (I know, right? A few raindrops and I'm totally unruly!). It was also this frigid drizzle which made--er--work today a little more difficult than usual. I kept half expecting one of the artists to say, "Umm, could you not make your skin go all goose-bumpy like that? Oh, and contort your left knee a little more behind your right ear. Thanks."

Oh my gosh! I almost forgot!

Some Jehovah's Witnesses ladies stopped by the art studio the other day and dropped off a tract. The wicked little munchkin that lives in the back of my brains REALLY wanted the art students to invite them in for a cup of coffee. I mean, I would have. I was cold outside. The ladies didn't get any farther than the front door.
Honestly, some people have no sense of hospitality.

Heh heh heh...

5 comments:

FancyPants said...

What a lovely picture, Forky.

Fork said...

Gee, thanks! I drew it m'self!

Queen, III said...

Thanks for bleeping out your unmentionables.

Fork said...

That's a tiny fig leaf, in case you can't tell.

Fork said...

"Unmentionables"? OH! You mean my penis!