Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Shoot Me Now

I'm doing my best to not chuck this slippery little weasel out the window, but man. AT&T needs to get their act together before I punt this 3GS into the Hudson. 5 bars, 3G, and no Internet, email, and every single call in the last three days has dropped.

No ma'am. It may have pumped my hip full of lethal doses of radiation, but at least my Blackberry WORKED.

Update for today...had to cancel a session with the Narcissus painting to go to a commercial shoot. It's an industrial so it will likely only air within the company...like on their jumbo-tron TVs at their secret headquarters in the North Pole.

But getting paid $625 to sit in a luxury camper drinking coffee and nibbling on French fries ain't half bad.





Wait. That's not true. It is half bad. Call time was 12:30 and they didn't use us till 5:15. Hurry up and wait.

We were playing office people--a commercial advertising some new network. I was apparently the I.T. guy because no other respectable New York businessman has hair like mine, even after the recent haircut.

So it was kinda fun. Shooting on 6th Ave in Midtown just as all the businessmen are hitting the streets.

It was cute when people realized they were about to walk in front of the camera. They'd duck about two feet before they actually reached it, then stand back upright JUST as they passed in front of the lens. Nice try, folks. Nice try.

So it's back to Narcissus tomorrow. And Othryades. I'm pulling double-duty tomorrow, friends! It's a good thing I worked my lats and dlats today!

No comments: