Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Back to School

It's awfully hard to care about showing up to classes on time when the instructor is always late.

Portraits. All day. 9:30-5. It's like a kind of punishment.

Portraits are the most unpleasant kind of modeling you can do. Because all you do is sit there.

Usually they out you in a comfy chair.

And the entire gig becomes about trying NOT to fall asleep.

It's awful. Especially in these classroom settings. There's no music. Nobody talks to you. You're on your own.

Remember those school days? It'd be right after lunch. You're in biology. And you want so badly to stay awake. But you just can't. And your head keeps tilting downward. It's awful. Remember??

I thought about putting a pin in the back of the chair. So if I leaned back too much it would start to stick me.

But that seemed like a dangerous idea. And while they don't call me Johnny Danger for nothing, I'd rather not self-mutilate any more than I already do.

So I have two 5 Hour Energy shots ready to go. And the iPhork is set to some peppy music for the breaks.

9:50. Class started at 9:30. And the instructor isn't here. New York City! Where everything's better and the artists are passionate!


-- Post From My iPhork

No comments: