Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Too Many Twinkies

Rudolfo didn't show up.

Which is probably a good thing, because when I told the girl at the front desk who it was I was waiting for, she said,

"Crazy Rudolfo??"

I thought she was just being cute.

I called him to follow up and see where he was. He called back and said he was in the bathroom and would be out in an hour.

Nope. Not being cute. Guy really is crazy.

She also said, "He's blind in one eye, so don't throw anything at him. And if you wink at him, there's a 50/50 chance he won't see it."

Next up is Malachi at 1. But our meeting isn't exactly FORMAL as he very quickly said, "Yeah, I be there at, like, wun uh clok."

I don't want to sound judgemental, but this guy doesn't strike me as the type who's going to be buying the Three Sessions for $99 package.

3 comments:

Bibb Leo File said...

Wow. You should really call me so we can discuss the soul-lessness of sales positions, for to my great shame...

...I have a summer job hawking "books" at double-mark-up, screw-you-in-the-a$$ prices at...wait for it...Our Lady of Barnes & Noble.

I have become a priest of the Evil One. I tell myself, as they drill into my head the absolute necessity of cramming as many conversions...er...memberships down our customers' throats as possible (we have a quota, for God's sake! I've never had a quota in my life!), I lie to myself and say that I'm working there for research purposes, for when I open my own bookshop in Merry Ol' England someday. Or that I'm gaining the insider knowledge I need to fight the Man, or the Power, or Big Binding (like "Big Tobacco," only for books). But I know it's only a beautiful lie.

But oh...the shame, the hypocrisy. Can I ever show my face in a Hippieville Half Price Books again? *sigh*

Anonymous said...

Racist!

Fork said...

Insensitive and racist!

Wait, what?

Well, I don't have a quota YET. Honestly, the more people I get, the more I think about what's going to happen when we get into rehearsals and more art classes. I ain't got time for these people!