Sunday, December 31, 2006

New Year's Eve

I'm at the internet café again. There are some extremely loud Noo Youhkuhs standing behind be screaming into my ear. It appears there's some sort of sports thing happening on the TV behind me.

Oh, wait, upon looking over my shoulder, I see that nothing's going on. People here are just loud.

It's New Year's Eve. I never did get around to sending out a Christmas or New Years card or letter. Three closing shifts in a row sort of suck out whatever remaining energy you might have used by writing a reflective letter. No, instead, you come home, have a shot of whatever's nearby, brush your teeth, play a video game, and turn out the lights.

I have to marvel at this year. It was such a turbulent one for me. Starting with that production of 'Fiddler' in the spring, a trip to New York to see the Cat Circus, then my granddad died, then came all the 'Midsummer' madness and the ab stuff, then I left Everycity and moved to New York.

Wow...I just summed up my entire year in a three-sentence paragraph. Woot!

I don't know what 2007 is going to bring. For one thing, (ding-dong) Sadaam is dead. Seems meet and right for a new villain to step into the limelight. Will 2007 be the year the nuke goes off in Crime Square? Will I still be here when it does?

I also got cast in an off-off-Broadway one act that performs at the end of January so expect to see posts about that in the coming weeks. I'm going back to the office again, as well. Yes, I'm returning to REAL temp work (as opposed to "temp work") starting January 8th. Honestly, Numbtindoughland has been fun and all--I wouldn't trade this experience for anything. But all this legitimate WORK--stuff that makes you collapse into bed when you get home--it's for the birds. I'm ready to go back to fake work. You know, sitting at a desk and answering phones or typing copy and getting paid bags of money to do it.

Oh sure, I'll do some "temp work" every now and then. I've become a "Casual Friday" kind of guy. It's in my very marrow.

But 2007...I have a feeling about this year. In fact, I'm going to go ahead and give it the title, "The Year I Figure Things Out."

It'll be fun to see if it lives up to its name, won't it? And, as always, our crack team of reporter will be there to give you the latest updates from Supercity X.

But for now, I need to get to the gym. My abs are looking a little soft.

So long, ot-6. We hardly knew ye.

No comments: