Wednesday, December 13, 2006

It's Raining (and Best Brains of Yesterday)

So much for a White Christmas. I'm killing time in an internet café waiting for the deluge to freakin stop. Seriously! Supercity X is going to be seeing stormy skies and temperatures in the 50s and 60s over the next several days!


Best Brains of Yesterday (today's my day off)

Deadbeat Parent: Excuse me, do you have any games that would be good for a three/four year old?

Me: (aside, mockingly) I'm looking for a good game for my zygote. Any recommendations?


* *

It's 9:00am I'm stationed on the second floor, setting the Gii systems up for the day. I go downstairs to get the controllers. The main store manager is surrounded on all sides by furious customers who were unable to purchase a Gii after getting in line at 4am. He talks to them for a minute, then calls out to the assistant store manager in training on the other side of the store, "Hey Tyrone! Raise your hand!" Tyrone, confused, does so. "THAT'S the guy you wanna talk to!" says the store manager. The crowd mobs Tyrone while the manager ducks out. There are so many and they're all so angry (imagine a cartoon fight cloud) that Tyrone actually manages to slip away and help me...while the cartoon fight cloud continues to fill that corner of the store...you really had to be there to fully appreciate the Bugs Bunny-ness of the situation.


* *

Location: the Gii Sports station on the first floor

Judy Jewess: Excuse me, sir...but can my Little David be next?

Me: Certainly. Right this way, Little David.

* *

Location: the first floor, Gii accessories

Robby: You know, Forky, you really shouldn't tell people "You don't need this accessory." That's really bad salesmanship. You're supposed to stay away from negative statements.

Me: Okay...how about if I say, "You really wouldn't like that" instead?

* *

Seriously, guys. It's just like the scenes in the original Willy Wonka movie where the people storm the candy stores looking for a golden ticket. It's Wonkamania...

No comments: