Saturday, July 21, 2012

Routine

Today is one of our "weekend" days.  Because of something having to do with public transportation not running on Sundays (and because the big Farmer's Market in the next town over is on Friday), the school makes the weekend Friday and Saturday.

No big plans for today.  Woke up with a leftover migraine and made some instant coffee to try and shake it.  Then went to the café and got the real deal.  Also went to the pharmacy to see the selection as, in spite of my setting aside the bottle of Motrin specifically for the purpose of relieving the post-migraine pain, I must've left it in my bathroom in NYC.

However, the place was pretty crowded (I like speaking my broken French when there aren't a lot of people to point and laugh "hau hau hau!"-style at me) and none of the boxes looked familiar (that is, no "Advile" or "Tylonelle" or some sort of French extra-E variation on an obviously American brand).

So I bought some bread instead.  But I DID run into the wife of the owner of the school on my way back home.  She was just leaving the house and was kind enough to run back inside and grab me a handful of headache pills.

Thrilling update, I know.  But you take the excitement when you can get it here in Argenton.

Tomorrow is the beginning of week 3/6.  Already getting close to halfway!  Feels like I just got here.  Things are very routine and there's not a whole lot of variety.  Breakfast, morning pose, buy bread, nap, lunch, afternoon pose, dinner, email, French lessons, bed.  And throw a couple of trips to the Barn in there for good measure.  That's about all.  It's a nice change of pace.  And, as much as I sort of miss New York, I'm kinda glad to not be there.  I see why people move out to the middle of nowhere France.

That's all for now!  All I'm doing today is working on more French and possibly working out at the Barn if this leftover headache goes away by the afternoon.

No comments: