Saturday, July 14, 2012

Bastille Day

Today was Bastille Day!  Slept in a bit, then headed to the grocery store to get a few items before they closed at noon.  Then I went back to the studio and the instructors and I set the pose for the coming weeks.  Then it was back to the house to cook!


I made Dad's Tomato Casserole out of all the Frenchy things I had lying around, plus some tomatoes and onions I picked up at the Farmer's Market yesterday.  They don't have cheddar cheese in France, so you wind up using something that's sharp...but distinctly flavorful!  It turned out really well.  I'll have to double the recipe next time though as it made about enough for me to eat all by myself!


There was a bonfire set up in the backyard of the student's house.  Someone suggested we burn an effigy of a political figure in honor of Bastille Day.  I suggested Ben draw his greatest fear--a spider--with a powdered wig playing a harpsichord.  Humor won.


That's not a margarita.



There's the bonfire!

No comments: