Friday, January 25, 2008

Forkulele Friday

It's Friday, which means there's been an update to the Forkulele page.

Actually, I updated it on Tuesday. But I kinda figured people wouldn't go over there without being prompted to, so let's just say I updated it today. Maybe we'll even make a weekly thing of it!

This week's addition to the playlist includes a song was written by the guy who wrote the music for the show I was recently cast in.

It's this show.

It's the lead.

A couple of things may strike you by the show's website as it stands here at 4:30 on Friday afternoon.

A) Wow. This show could be really quirky and fun! I'd be interested in seeing it if I didn't live safely away from the City that keeps getting eaten by giant monsters like the one in that movie I saw with my friends last night.

B) Wow. This show has the potential to be a total nightmare and I feel sorry for Fork, but hey. It will probably receive lots of attention due to the "ukuleles" and pulse-quickening exclaimation point in the title. Silver lining.

C) How come there's no director listed?

How you feel about A and B are entirely up to you. As for C, that's a bit more recent.

The fun begins. All so soon.

Yeah, I don't know anything about that. There WAS a director listed. I even SPOKE to the director. He was the one who told me I was cast and then refused to tell me a SINGLE THING (a single thing!) about the show in terms of characters, musical styles... ("Uhh...you'll...you'll see when you read the script.")

So who knows folks! I MAY still be doing this show. Then again, I MAY also be granted the power to jump very high and far so it won't take so long to walk down these stupid blocks. And by blocks, I mean these. Not these.

Anyway, the song is not my favorite ever but the recording turned out pretty fun--even if the songwriter DID happen to write a song all about how much he likes playing his favorite quirky instrument (can you imagine the Beatles writing a song about how much they like to sit around and play the sitar?). The one word chorus sends a shiver down my spine.

Why not "musical instrument! Musical instrument! Musical instrument!"

Or "little guitar! Little guitar! Little guitar!"

There's no winning in this world. None at all.

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

Queen, III said...

umm...the show's website is not really what I expected...and at the risk of sounding discouraging, it reminds me of the same genre of shows that are done at Pocket Sandwich Theatre...could be a good thing...you'll have to keep us posted.

AmberO at Sleeping is for Sissies said...

I had a dream about you last night. I went on your blog and the most recent post was titled "Heroin!" And you were like, "I've decided to become a REAL New York actor, so I've started doing heroin. I'm really excited about it. I'll let you know how it turns out!"

Ummm... you're not doing heroin, are you? Was it a psychic dream?! Because I'm really against heroin. If you ever get the urge to do heroin, you should watch Trainspotting.