Monday, January 14, 2008

Disaster Averted

Well, turns out Osama's weather machine still has a few kinks that need to be worked out. The blizzard of 2008 missed us by a long shot and wound up in Boston. At least, that's what the weather lady on the TV behind me is saying.

I'm in Café Netto for the first time in a long time. I'm stalling, you see. I just finished up at the gym and I'm trying to give my roommate plenty of time to get the crap out of the apartment before I go back there.

Not that there's anything up between us.

It's that he never really LEAVES anymore. He sleeps until 12:30, cooks for an hour, eats for 30 minutes, does dishes for 20, then goes back to sleep, then gets up, eats again, leaves for, like, an hour, then comes back, makes thanksgiving dinner, and goes to sleep somewhere around 3 or 4.

I was under the impression he was a student. That usually means you have to BE somewhere at some point during the day.

Today I need to pick the songs I want to prepare for the Ukulele audition on Thursday. And I don't want to sing these songs in my room with him there. I mean...Julliard opera student... The pressure. You understand.

Oh, and

NEWS FLASH!

"That guy" went with someone else. He said they usually barely find ONE person who would be good in the role, but this time (probably due to the interest from the $6500 typo on their freakin' website) they wound up with FOUR people. In the end, they couldn't decide between us so they put our names in a hat and just picked one of us. The others would be kept on file and called at some point in the future. The day and the hour being unknown even to them.

In that sense, it's EXACTLY like the Second Coming.

Okay. I've killed enough time. If Roommate is still there, I'm going to be...well...not SURPRISED. More like disappointed.

Eh. Whaddya gonna do.

No comments: