Monday, December 31, 2007

Auld Lang Syne

Happy New Year, folks!

It's finally here. New Year's Eve. And for the first time in as long as I can remember, I'm not dreading it.

I hate New Year's.

But, as I just said, I'm not loathing it quite as much this year. Is it that Christmas was really simple and low-key and, consequently, didn't result in the usual "I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S OVER!" blues?

Could it be because, unlike last year, I feel as though New York is a little more like home? Like the many marvels and dreams-come-true are a little closer to my fingertips?

Or could it be because I traded my tabby cat for a ukulele?

Whatever the reason, don't forget to partake in the Forkish New Year's tradition of reading my favorite book of all time. Might I recommend this edition?

No comments: