Friday, September 28, 2007

Retro

It's a new day in New York City!

That's mostly because it's not hot anymore. It's cool. Like, mid-seventies cool. Dig it?

I've got an audition today. I have to dress like a normal person and play with a rubix cube. Dig it?

And if I book it, I get $500! Well, they pay me $500. They don't just GIVE it to me. But they'll practically be giving it to me.

I think I'm going to go for "rumpled musician". I'll be wearing my East Village ensemble--you know the one. It's the one I bought at H&M and keep in a state of wrinkledness so it looks like I'm a poor schlub from Hell's Kitchen. Toss my ukulele over my shoulder and voila. Instant artist.

I'll be sure to wrinkle my brow if I suspect they want "tortured".

In other news, I finally paid off that HDTV I bought a year ago! Sweet! Good timing too, because I most certainly did NOT buy anything at the expo yesterday. I did NOT have someone help me build a custom PC and finance it at $66 a month with no interest for a year. Nope. Not me.

And since I DIDN'T buy a sweet new PC with all the coolest gaming bells and whistles, I WON'T need lots of gifts in the form of cold, hard cash and cheques for Christmas and my birthday.

And THAT, my friends, is my reason d'etre.

4 comments:

Tracy said...

I love that you've got the tortured musician look on standby...you never know when you're gonna need it!

Bibb Leo File said...

Keep dreamin' about those "cheques," PC-kid. The lil' miss and I are bound for the sceptered isle next summer, so Santy's gonna be a bit slim this year.

We are the toys
for little girls & boys
in the shanty
where you-know-who lives...

Queen, III said...

OH MY GOSH. I know you did NOT but ANOTHER computer. If I don't get Tiffany's, you don't get computers!!!!


I can't stand you.

Queen, III said...

...I mean buy...buy a new computer...