Thursday, October 04, 2007

Scarecut 07




It's a haircut. It's new. And it's mine.

I can't believe it.

As the stylist snipped away with her shears, I watched in disbelief as inches of my life fluttered to the floor.

It's also REALLY curly. This picture doesn't really do my curls justice. It's almost embarassing how curly my hair is.

SO embarassing, in fact, that, before I got THIS haircut, I was asked by "friends" no less than five times if I got a perm.

And even when I DID get this new haircut, I bumped into a friend of mine on 43rd and he asked the question that makes me want to do nothing more than kick the asker in the 'nads, "Did you get a perm?"

I decided, at that point, that it was time for it all to go. Back to actually having normal, boring, short hair. After all, how's anyone supposed to take me seriously when I walk around looking like Little Orphan Annie?

But then, another friend of mine, (the Cachinnator, in fact) reminded me that people WANT curly hair.

Me: They do? I thought Everybody wanted straight hair.

Cach: NO! Everybody has straight hair. And they KNOW how boring and flat and lifeless that is. What they WANT is curly hair.

Well, can't argue with that reasoning. So we'll see what happens if I stop using so much leave-in conditioner and just apply a simple dollop of pomade instead.

Who knows...?

3 comments:

Queen, III said...

It does look like McCon-a-hey.

Hey, have you been posting anonymous comments on my blog?? If so, your concern is freaking me out.
-queen

AmberO at Sleeping is for Sissies said...

Yay, haircut! What's wrong with curly hair, huh? Some of your best friends have curly hair.

Queen, III said...

Your right a-dub! Some of his best friends DO have curly hair! And we're all the better for it.