Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Full Plate

It's funny how much more you notice all the smokers in NYC when your allergies are acting up.

I'm not even kidding. It's like everyone here is a freakin' chimney! Even the babies!

(insert picture of adorable baby with cigarette and word bubble: "F--- you, motherf---er!")

Tomorrow I have a full day. I haven't had one of those in a while. And that's depressing. Especially since, after a recent phone call, I was reminded by a concerned friend that I live in New York City and could go to any number of museums or parks or anything to while away the hours with. I could buy a $30 pair of tap shoes and start taking tap lessons to add to the two stage combat and ukulele lessons I'm already taking.

I DO have a good excuse though. It's been a little hot and hazy this past week. Tomorrow is supposed to be about five degrees cooler with possible showers. That'll take care of "a little hot and hazy". At least, I hope it does.

So tomorrow I'm going to the gym, then I have a 1:00 ukulele lesson.

We're very excited about the ukulele lessons these days. Our current Forkish Songlist includes:

I Can't Give You Anything But Love
Tonight You Belong to Me
I'll See You in My Dreams
Ain't Misbehavin'
House of the Rising Sun

and
Love Me (made popular by Elvis)

Yeah, that's about all of them so far. I've got a new one coming my way tomorrow and then we're going to get started on Christmas songs. I have to start now so they'll sound REALLY good when I tote Ukulele Li'l to parties.

I know, I know. Everybody let out a collective groan and mutter something about being glad you're not going to have to endure listening to my plunka-plunking on Christmas Eve. Let's just say anything could be better than that out of tune violin that we had at the Christmas party last year.

ANYTHING.

And then after that, a buddy of mine scored free tickets to some dumb convention that a person like me would have ZERO interest in. Not even kidding. New York is so lame.

And then after that, it's back to the gym. We go twice a day now. Once for each bicep.

And we also use the royal we.

No comments: