Thursday, December 04, 2008

Christmess

I don't think I have to tell you that this is the most un-Christmassy year of all time.

I mean, what with the Election that Wouldn't Stop, the Moneytime Meltdown of NYC, That Wacky Taj, and me being naked almost every day this entire year (I KNOW!!), not to mention my total ab-session with this new log-lifting class, my parents uprooting from Texas, my sister preggers again, my brother still miles away, me about to turn 29 and a bevy of billowing cumulonimbus formations rumbling rapidly towards us as the horizon continues to darken...

I mean, I can't believe we haven't all just cancelled Christmas already. Forget this. There's no Tickle Me Elmo this year. There's no Wii. There's nothing. Nothing to wrap in glossy paper but a greasy, lumpy, cold helping of DOOM.

But it's not over yet. I still have my iPod. And tonight, nothing is going to stand in my way from smacking it with a Christmas playlist DAMMIT.

This Christmas s#it just got real.

2 comments:

Bibb Leo File said...

Oh, it's DOOM-ridden, alright. I've decided to ban the traditional holiday movie viewing schedule this year (Wonderful Life, Muppet Carol, Mixed Nuts, etc.) and head straight for the horror section.

So far I've watched The Exorcist, Silent Hill, Silent Night, Deadly Night, Dead Alive, and Rosemary's Baby. What next?

Fork said...

Whatever Happened to Baby Jane, The Bad Seed, the Ring, Grey Gardens (it's scary because it's REAL) and of course, no list would be complete without the scariest movie ever--Mary Poppins.