Thursday, November 02, 2006

Sick Joke

Sometimes, when I'm very, very hungry, I pause for a moment to remember the many culinary delights I left behind in Dallas. Specifically, the ones cooked up at the all-around greatest restaurant ever conceived: the Cheesecake Factory. There's nothing finer than the Thai Chicken Pasta, except for maybe the Spicy Cashew Chicken, the Jumbo Chicken Chop, the Factory Famous Meatloaf, the Orange Chicken, the Santa Fe Chicken Salad, the Louisiana Chicken Pasta, the Pineapple Upside-down Cheesecake... the list goes on.

So imagine how excited I became...

I was walking around the City one evening when I saw a sign that made my heart skip a beat. Could it be? Does New York City really have a Cheesecake Factory? Yes! Yes!! YES!!! I was running a bit late for some "Temp Work" but that could wait. I turned on my heels, crossed the street, and found myself washed in the warm light of the bright neon sign, enveloped in the arms of a dear friend from days gone by. I was finally home.

Then I looked a little closer.



Is this somebody's idea of a joke? Because if it is, I'm not laughing.

8 comments:

Johnny Ong said...

can see that u really like to eat too....same here...even worse, i left malaysia (food's heaven) to work in sudan

Tracy said...

Ohhhh. That's a heart-breaker. I don't know if they have one now, but when I lived in SuperCity X, I always longed for a Target.

Bibb Leo File said...

I know how you feel. I was thrilled in driving around Eyrieville the other day to see a "Dock's" Seafood Restaurant like the one I so enjoyed in Wackville back in the day. Ooh, their stuffed crabs would melt in your mouth and the hush puppies were delectable.

Unfortunately, on closer inspection I realized the sign said "Dick's Live Bait." So close, and yet so very far away...

Anonymous said...

Guess what I'm going to see tomorrow--Nightmare Before Christmas in 3D! Have you seen it yet?

Anonymous said...

So what you're saying is that I should go to a Cheesecake Factory, order everything that you like to eat, take pictures, post them, and call you from the restaurant too, right?

Anonymous said...

That's exactly what I'm saying.

A-Dub: No! I haven't seen it yet! I've been too busy. Let me know if it's worth seeing.

Anonymous said...

It was SO awesome. Definitely worth it. It lends itself to it very well to 3D.

Queen, III said...

This is a bigger tragedy than when Oedipus married his mother.