Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Fitness Experiment

On the train, headed to my March portrait gig. Yes, portrait. Which means I'm keeping my clothes on all month.

The cost of the CrossFit class I'd been a member of shot up 100 bucks just after Thanksgiving and I haven't been doing any significant cardio since then. I put on 5-10 lbs between Thanksgiving and Christmas (as usual) but because I haven't had my regular gym classes, that weight hasn't dropped off as it usually does by the end of January.

I'm banking it this month--lured out to Riverdale with promises of gold. So in April I'll have enough dosh to buy a $200 month-long unlimited CrossFit pass.

But that's still a month away.

The Cachinator and I were talking about this when he got a nutty idea that I kind of like.

I'm going to do a little fitness experiment. I know. It's a little crazy. But I think it could be really interesting.

So this month, it's all about eating the average American's diet, going to the gym for light workout every now and then, but not thinking of it as a priority. In other words, I'm going to see how out if shape I can get in a month.

In April, it's back to CrossFit. It's also back to the primal diet (no grains, refined sugars).

How long will it take to get the six pack back? I don't know. But I've got plenty of motivation, seeing as how I can't very well model for my gigs this summer with saggy love handles.

In the meantime, I'm bringing on the grains, bread, the occasional trip to McDonalds, five dollar foot-longs from Subway, big Chipotle burritos...the works.

I'm going to post diet and weight progress at least once a week. Probably Wednesdays (Weigh-in Wednesday. Has a nice ring to it!)

Can I do it? Will I lose my nerve? We'll see!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Chaotic Hammer said...

You're very brave donating your body to science before you've even died. :-)

Fork said...

I'm just that kind of guy. A totally normal guy who can also get fat.

Fork said...

Besides, I've already donated my body to ART! This was just the next logical step!