Monday, November 02, 2009

Forky's Week of 'Ween: And the 'Weener Is...

It was a tough call. Paranormal Activity had me clutching my computer desk Spider-Man action figure, hoping that fiddling with its joints would distract me from my rapid heartbeat. Drag Me to Hell was a hilarious romp that ended with something so unexpected my brain kept rejecting what I saw and pretty much filled my Halloween-o-Meter to well-past full.

So who would have guessed that a little 1961 movie would surpass them all?

Yes, the winner of this year's Forky's Week of 'Ween is The Innocents, based on the popular story "The Turn of the Screw" by Henry James. Subtle, eerie, well-written and brilliantly acted, this is the only movie I saw this year that resulted in disturbing dreams. Watch it alone and in the dark...and prepare to be chilled to the bone!

No comments: