Friday, April 17, 2009

Talking to the Pretty Girl

Megan's dad just had a triple bypass. She came to see 'Henry Vee' tonight. They just finished once the show let out. Megan called her mom and got all the details. Her dad is still being carefully watched as the anesthesia hasn't worn off enough to determine whether or not he had a stroke during the surgery.

Megan decides to go uptown to a concert instead of coming out for post-show cocktails.

Megan is really pretty. And she's really pretty.

We embrace.

Me: I'm glad your dad is okay (Sudden thought: Idiot, he's not out of the woods yet). For now. (OMGWTF!) Oh wow. That was really bad. Oh my gosh. I'm so sorry. I meant, like he's okay right now--(what's that noise she's making? Is she crying?) Are you crying? Please don't cry. I can't believe I just said that.

She was laughing. And when she composed herself, she said when I become a TV star I need to play someone's dorky best friend.

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

2 comments:

Bibb Leo File said...

Woo-woo! Do I hear wedding bells?

No?

Maybe I had the stroke.

AmberO at Sleeping is for Sissies said...

That's an awesome story. You should make it just a little more heartless by using it in a play sometime.