Friday, January 22, 2010

Whoops

You know, heh heh... I'm known to get carried away sometimes.

I'm a passionate sort of guy.

So imagine my surprise when I should discover just now that a DRAFT of a post about Pat Robertson--one which I didn't intend to post until after I'd given it a little more thought--actually made it onto the blog?

Heh heh. Heh.

Whoops! Looks like everybody hates me now!! Maybe my stone-age friends are right--maybe all these blogs and facebooks are a really really BAD idea.


In other news, here we are at the end of January. I'm about to wrap up a two month pose at Hoity Toity School for Gifted Artists. I'd be working on the Jesus Painting (the JP) but the sides of my beard are taking a while to come in so the painter decided to postpone till March.

Which is okay. I've got another gig at Hoity Toity lined up for February. No harm in stretching things out a bit, is there?

So that's pretty much the update gang. I'm scruffier than ever before (it feels funny but I like it), still got gigs lined up a couple of months in advance, 'Hamlet' rehearsals starting soon... Yep. Things are just cookin' along.

Except for the fact that the hippie lady in the sculpture class has tried to educate me about the dangers of food. All kinds of food. Bad. Bad bad bad.

Heating food in plastic = poison (I'd actually heard that one before)
Cooked/roasted nuts, especially peanuts = cancer
Toasted food or food that's browned or blackened in any way = cancer
Flouride hidden in America's drinking water = calcium deposits in the brain
Meat of any kind = Duh. She's a hippie after all
Milk and cheeses = cancer
Wheat = poison
Vegetables that aren't fresh = worthless


The list probably goes on but those are all I can think of off the top of my head. The arguement for a lot of this stuff is that many of these things aren't actually BAD for you. It's that our food isn't fresh anymore. It's all processed.

And that sucks. Because I like food. I like eating things that taste good. I hate super-organic health snacks because they all taste like how hamster pellets smell.

2 comments:

JBos said...

You forgot fish. Fish are FULL of mercury. Come on! Get it right!

Anonymous said...

Maybe some spirit gum and crepe hair if the side-beard fails to live up to expectations?