Thursday, April 29, 2010

Hippietown

Starting month two of Primal diet.

The most incredible thing aside from the boundless energy, better attitude, and amazing six pack? I don't fart anymore. I mean, at all. I have no gas.

What I bought at Hippietown Grocery

Almond butter
Cavemen Cookies (no grain) - tropical
Organic Green Tea
Raw dried mango
Raw organic sharp cheddar cheese
Raw shelled pistachios
Organic whole milk (grass-fed cows)
X-LRG cage-free eggs

I get my fruit from the fruit stand around the corner and go with bags of frozen spinach, broccoli, collards, and brussels sprouts. You're supposed to go organic with all animal products but if it's okay if you can't with the fruits and veggies. Frozen is actually just fine, they say.

3 comments:

Chaotic Hammer said...

That's awesome, man.

My wife and I started on the Primal diet at the first of the year, which means 4 full months now (wow, hard to believe it's been that long already).

Gotta agree with your report of the results. We're endlessly energetic, and a lifetime of digestive problems that we thought were just the "natural results of eating food" are now cured. I can skip meals if I'm busy and not even notice, since I'm off the sugar and carb roller coaster.

It's absolutely sustainable for the long-term too. We have no interest in "being on a diet". Never been on one my entire life. But the changeover to eating real food instead of processed crap is so simple, yet incredibly revolutionary for all us kids that grew up in the age of fast, packaged, processed, grab-n-go, pre-made everything.

It takes a bit more planning to "hunt and gather" at different places than before (sometimes just different aisles of the same stores), but ultimately is not a lot of extra effort at all, when you consider the overall results.

Beeki said...

Hammer is what got us on the Primal Diet, and now we've gotten Forky on board!! This is a full-circle moment. Brilliant!

Chaotic Hammer said...

Beeki - Yep. Kinda funny how everything is related to everything else by just a few degrees of separation.

Let's all sing together:
It's a small world after all,
It's a small world after all,
It's a small world after all,
It's a small, small world!

Hey, the guy you're married to is related to the guy that wrote that song. Ahhh! It really is all connected!